Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Am I a slave to makeup?

A bit! Okay, I admit it! But I have good reasons!

You all know I've been buying makeup left, right and center. It has gotten cumbersome with all these eye shadows in boxes. Hubert started to wonder! People coming to my place, using my bathroom have been asking all sort of questions: Do you get discounts? Are you a makeup artist? When do you wear makeup because I never see you makeup? Bann jouda! (For my English speaking friends it means noisy. There goes your Kreyol lesson 101!)

Recently, I've bought me 2 palettes that got stolen along with my purse ARGHHH. I went and purchased 2 more. I thought depoting MAC eye shadows would be such a chore but it wasn't quite the case, despite the fact I depoted 30 of them! I forgot 1 step: the magnet! So I went to Wal-Mart to buy them. I had no clue what I was supposed to buy, I just saw "magnet sheets" and I went to pay! I came home, cut them, put them in the palette, that didn't work! I said to myself I'll go to Omer to buy some real magnet sheets.

So today, I went online to see what magnet sheets I needed to find out I had MAGNET SHEETS! Stupid me!!! I was just putting them the wrong: not the glue part in the palette but the glue part under the pan so it can adhere to the magnet inside the palette! DUHHHHH

Now I've been cutting nickle size pieces of magnet sheets, about 40 of them! Removing the glue - with heat - the label I placed on the back (I had removed the label on the back of the container to place it in the back of each pan) of all the pans I depoted last week. That burns!!! Oh lawd!! Place the magnet pieces, then place back the unglued label. Crazy eh?

My nails are nasty now! There is no way I'll be going to the hospital with nasty nails so I'm going to slap some nail polish of them!

The only thing about it is I'm very happy that my shadows will not be taking a lot of spaces in the boxes and such. OHHHHHH that's another thing I have: I love to keep things in their boxes. Do you do that? I can't help it! I have to tell you my back 2 MAC story another time! Now got to do my nasty nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment