Thursday, September 24, 2009

My first MAC Pro visit

I have been dreading this moment for years. I have been putting off going to the MAC Pro store for fear I would get too excited and spend money I don't have! Yes, it is possible to spend money you don't have!

Last Tuesday, since public transportation was free, I decided to make the trip to MAC Pro on St Denis Street. I thought it would be bigger than that! It was a teeny tiny bit of a place. I wasn't impressed at all. I figured I'd do my Back 2 MAC and head out. I said to myself chillax gurl! I took my time and started looking around. Let me tell you, they are right when they say that the MAC Pro products are more pigmented. Me, being the person that I am, I marched straight to the bright colors. I've always wanted to see Azalea, OH MY!! This baby is bright and beautiful! Azalea is this bright fuschia/magenta/reddish pink color that a brown sugar MUST have if you are not afraid of some colors on your cheeks. A little big goes a long way on my fat cheeks I'm telling you! There was also Rhubbard, I wonder if I should get that as well because it's slightly more tamed and on the plummer side of Azalea. I found out that was it discontinued, so I HAVE to get it soon. What I actually got - because it was the only thing on stock in a "case" - was Devil. Talk about beautiful bright intense orange color! OH MY!!! I said that already didn't I? That's how mesmerized I was by Azalea and Devil... Rhubbard too!

So I decided that I would get them aside from my 2 shadows for my back 2 MAC. Oh, what did I choose? I don't remember! LOL.. I had to go look at the empty boxes. I got Gorgeous Gold, Atlantic Blue which is a very beautiful violet blue color and it's not the same as Violet Trance though, Plumage. I wanted to get Naval or Prussian instead of Plumage but I figured with Plumage I'm killing two birds (green and blue dark matte color) with one stone.

Now I'm thinking of going back soon to get a palette for my blushes. At first, I didn't think that was necessary since most of my blushes are mineralized. Now it seems that I have an equal number of mineralized and regular blushes. Getting Azalea and Rhubbard will make it 6 regular blushes; therefore, I'll have enough to fill a palette. No rush though.

Enough rambling!

No comments:

Post a Comment